Following a great deal of deliberation (and some gnashing of teeth), our judges from the American Headache and Migraine Association have announced the placing poems in the 2013 Putting Our Heads Together Migraine and Headache Poetry Contest.
I'll not make you wait by talking more about the contest. Here are this year's placing poems:
- First Place: Dancing on the Dagger's Edge by Nikki Albert
- Second Place: Acts of Love by Lisa Cox
- Third Place: Another Night by Pam "Roni"
- Fourth Place: Dancing with Demons by Tammy Rome
- Fifth Place: Little Migraine Girl by Migraine Puppet
Receiving Honorable Mention:
- The Beast by Michael Ambriz
- Chronic by susan-jillian smith
- Cluster-phobia by David Nachenberg
- Darkness by Fi Blackman
- Horn of Pain by M. R. Street
- Pain is Coming by Mark Windham
- Suicide Headaches by Cindy Reynolds
You can find these poems on our Placing Poems Page. The rest of the submitted poems that met the contest rules will be posted over the weekend.
Congratulations to all of our poets!
Get the latest Migraine and headache news, informational articles, tips for living well, and more in my free Putting Our Heads Together newsletter. To subscribe, CLICK HERE.
© Teri Robert, 2013
Last updated June 14, 2013.