- people and things for whom and for which I'm thankful despite Migraines and
- people and things for whom and for which I'm thankful because of Migraines.
I'll start with people and things for whom and for which I'm thankful despite Migraines:
- My family: husband, two sons; two daughters in-law; nine grandchildren; brother; sister in-law; neice, her husband and daughter; nephew, his wife and daughter; and two cats.
- My extedned family: Some very close friends including my ex-husband and his family (yes, we all still consider each other family), my online Migraine "family."
- Still being able to see despite having glaucoma, which has seriously impaired my vision and taken away my ability to drive after dark.
- Our home and not having been hurt as badly by the economy as badly as may people have been.
Now, people and things for whom and for which I'm thankful because of Migraines:
- Dr. William Young (Jefferson Headache Center in Philadelphia), my first Migraine specialist, who has become a friend and colleague as well.
- Dr. John Claude Krusz (Anodyne Headache and PainCare in Dallas), my current Migraine specialist, friend, and colleague.
- An effective Migraine treatment regimen that has reduced my Migraines from an average of five a week to fewer than a dozen a YEAR.
- The researchers who are working so dilligently to understand the pathphysiology and genetics of Migraine disease -- and the progress they're making.
- The opportunities I have to do the work I do and know that it's helping other people with Mgraine disease and other headache disorders.
What are YOU thankful for this year? Please leave a comment and share with me?
Get the latest Migraine and headache news, informational articles, tips for living well, and more in my free weekly newsletter. To subscribe, CLICK HERE.
© Teri Robert, 2010
Last updated November 5, 2010