Blogs about Migraines and headaches have been multiplying like bunnies recently. Have you noticed?
If you do a search for Migraine or headache blogs, the results are overwhelming. What's more, you can waste a lot of time going to blogs that are nothing more than advertisements. Don't you hate that?
I love reading good blogs. I learn from them, and they make me feel less alone and isolated with my Migraines and headaches. They remind me that I'm part of a huge online community. There's solace in that.
This week, I started a new web site, the Headache Disorders Blog Network. The purposed of the site is to compile a directory of good blogs on Migraine and other headache disorders - blogs by patients, advocates, health care professionals, and nonprofit organizations. To be listed, blogs need to:
- be accurate in any information posted on them.
- be updated fairly regularly.
- contain information related to one or more headache disorders.
- be free of commercial bias.
Blogs will not be listed if:
- the information is incorrect or outdated.
- content has been plagiarized.
- the content comes from "free article" sites.
- the sole or primary purpose is to promote goods or services.
- they contain claims of a "cure."
Since Twitter is considered to be "micro-blogging," there will also be a section for listing Twitter ID's of those Tweeting about headache disorders.
The Headache Disorder Blog Networ will be an ongoing project with blogs being added on a regular basis. Please bookmark it so you can refer to it often. If you have a blog that you'd like to submit for inclusion or know of one you'd like to suggest, please email your submission.
Get the latest Migraine and headache news, informational articles, tips for living well, and more in my free weekly newsletter. To subscribe, CLICK HERE.
© Teri Robert, 2012
Last updated January 25, 2012.